- Grammy nominated rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead outside his clothing store in Los Angeles, US.
- Nasa chief, talking about India shooting down its own satellite during Mission Shakti, warns that the risk of debris colliding with the International Space Station (ISS) has risen by 44 per cent since the Indian anti-satellite weapon test.
- The Kingdom of Brunei, a tiny but rich country, enforces brutal anti-LGBT laws.
- Madras High Court bans mobile music app TikTok, saying future of youngsters were being spoiled due to addiction of such apps.
- Enforcement Directorate files supplementary chargesheet against middlemen Christian Michel in AugustaWestland chopper case.
- Producer holds release of controversial film PM Narendra Modi, while the Central Board of Film Certification says it has not given clearance to the movie.
- A child rape convict freed from jail for good behavior six months ago, kidnapped, raped and murdered a nine-year-old girl in Mumbai.
- David Malpass named World Bank president. All 13 presidents of the World Bank have been Americans so far.
- Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) says India working on building shield for space assets.
- Meat shops in Gurgaon forced to close by sword-wielding activists who said all should observe Navratri.