- Schedule for 17th Lok Sabha elections announced along with simultaneous assembly elections in four states – Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- An Ethiopian Airlines passenger jet bound for Nairobi crashed minutes after take-off, killing all 157 people on board and raising questions about the safety of the Boeing 737 MAX leading to Boeing recommending temporary suspensions of its entire world fleet of the aircraft.
- Mastermind of the February 14 Pulwama terror attack, which claimed the lives of 40 CRPF personnel, killed in an encounter in south Kashmir’s Tral area.
- China blocks bid to designate Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar as global terrorist in UN Security Council.
- Six persons killed, 30 injured after a foot-over bridge collapsed near Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in Mumbai.
- US Senate confirms appointment of Indian American jurist Neomi Rao to an important judgeship.
- India and Pakistan agree to work expeditiously on operationalising the Kartarpur Corridor.
- Special Olympics World Games begin at Abu Dhabi in UAE, as the event made history by welcoming a record-breaking 200 nations at the games.
- Supreme Court cancelled life ban on cricketer S. Sreesanth and asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India to reconsider his punishment.
- At least 49 people were killed and 20 seriously injured, in a hate-filled terror attack targeting two mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.