- Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal to win Australian Open men’s final.
- Saina Nehwal wins Indonesia Masters 2019 women’s singles championship after Carolina Marin withdraws with an injury midway during the first game.
- Two bombs at a Roman Catholic cathedral in southern Philippines killed 20 people and injured dozens more.
- Pakistan skipper Sarfraz Ahmed gets four match ban over racist comments against Andile Phehlukwayo during Pakistan’s second One Day International against South Africa in Durban.
- Socialist leader George Fernandes, 88, dies following prolonged illness.
- Suman Kumari becomes Pakistan’s first Hindu woman judge.
- Haryana crowned Pro Wrestling League 4 Champions.
- Interim Finance Minister Piyush Goyal presents Narendra Modi government’s sixth and final budget.
- Rishi Kumar Shukla appointed new CBI chief.
- Russia suspends the Cold War-era Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty with the US.