Round-up: Top 10 Important News Events
- 10-year-old Abhinav Shaw becomes the youngest gold medallist at Khelo India Youth Games.
- A picture of a brown speckled egg becomes the most popular picture ever posted to Instagram. The record was made within 10 days after posting the picture by anonymous account @world_record_egg, with 4.5 million followers.
- Tension erupts between China and Canada over Beijing sentencing a Canadian to death.
- Indian football team head coach Stephen Constantine resigns after India crash out of AFC Asian Cup.
- British PM Theresa May wins trust vote, even after a defeat in Brexit deal.
- Vihwa Hindu Parishad ex-president and industrialist VH Dalmia dies at 90 of age-related ailments.
- The International Gandhi Peace Prize winners 2015-18 announced. (2015- Vivekanand Kendra; 2016- Akshay Patra Foundation and Sulabh International; 2017- Ekal Abhiyan Trust; 2018- Yohei Sasakawa)
- Seven confirmed dead in Ladakh avalanche.
- Pipeline blast in Mexico kills 66 pilferers
- A Delhi court refuses chargesheet against former JNU students’ union president Kanhaiya Kumar and others. The Delhi police had filed the 1,200-page chargesheet against Kanhaiya Kumar on January 14 for allegedly holding an ‘anti-national’ event at the JNU in Delhi in February 2016.