Round-up: Top 10 Important News Events
- 6 dead and 37 hurt as Delhi bound Seemanchal Express derails near Sahadai Buzurg Railway Station in Vaishali district of Bihar.
- Kolkata cops detain CBI team that had gone to question Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar, who was then SIT Chief investigating Saradha ponzi scam in 2013.
- Pope Francis visits Arabian Peninsula, the birthplace of Islam, to celebrate first papal Mass for about 1,80,000 people.
- Social activist Anna Hazare ends his indefinite fast after 7-hour-long meeting with Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis regarding Lokpal and Lokayukta.
- Nobel winner and ex-president of Costa Rica, Óscar Arias Sánchez, accused of sexual assault.
- Pakistan government abolishes Haj subsidy.
- Virdarbha beat Saurashtra by 78 runs, to clinch second successive Ranji title.
- Supreme Court orders Mayawati to pay back public money used for building statues.
- British actor, Albert Finney, 82, dies in London.
- Tomi Ungerer, an acclaimed illustrator and author who brought a scampish style to children’s books and whose wide-ranging career also took him into advertising, protest art and erotica, died in Ireland. He was 87.