- Climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker, who popularised the term Global Warming passes away in New York.
- Namvar Singh, writer, poet, critic and one of contemporary Hindi literature’s tallest figures, died after a month-long illness.
- Government approves air travel entitlement to all Central Armed Police Forces personnel on Delhi-Srinagar-Delhi and Jammu-Srinagar-Jammu sectors.
- Election Commission files a complaint with the Delhi Police asking it to investigate fake news about online voting rights to NRIs in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi receives Seoul Peace Prize.
- Supreme Court directs Centre, various states and Union Territories to act promptly against assault on Kashmiris and other minorities post Pulwama attack.
- Pakistan govt says it has taken over administrative control of terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) headquarters in Bahawalpur. JeM had claimed responsibility for Pulwama Terror Attack that killed 40 CRPF personnel in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Hooch tragedy hits the twin districts of Golaghat and Jorhat in Assam killing over 100 people.
- India’s Apurvi Chandela wins gold in the women’s 10m air rifle event after shooting a world-record score of 252.9 in the final at the New Delhi Shooting World Cup.
- 300 cars gutted in fire incident near the venue of Aero India air show in Bengaluru.