- Abu Dhabi adopts Hindi as the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English, as part of a move designed to improve access to justice. The Indian community in the UAE, numbering 2.6 million, constitutes 30 per cent of the total population and is the largest expatriate community in the country.
- Newly-appointed Congress General Secretary in-charge of eastern Uttar Pradesh, Priyanka Gandhi holds party’s mega roadshow in Lucknow.
- Nepal beat India in Gold Cup women’s Football in Bhubneshwar. Later, Myanmar clinched the title in style, beating Nepal 3-1 in the final.
- Student activist Thokchom Veewon arrested by a joint team of Delhi police and Manipur police from his Delhi house, for a Facebook post critical of the citizenship amendment bill.
- 17 killed in massive fire at hotel Arpit Palace in Delhi’s Karol Bagh.
- Sedation charge against 14 Aligarh Muslim Students, after they allegedly assaulted a TV crew and some members of BJP youth wing.
- Suicide bombing in Iran kills 20 Revolutionary Guards.
- In the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a suicide bomber rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a CRPF bus on the Srinagar-Jammu highway in Pulwama district, killing 40 troopers and leaving the country stunned.
- Two persons were lynched by a mob in Meghalaya’s West Garo Hills district and another was critically injured, over their suspicious movement in a car.
- Army Major Chitresh Singh Bisht killed while defusing a land mine along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir. He was due to get married.