- Chinese badminton ace Lin Dan clinches Malaysia Open 2019 in Kuala Lumpur.
- Registration for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019 begins; Yatra is scheduled from 8th June to 8th September this year through two routes. The last date for registration is the 9th of May.
- BJP MLA Bheema Mandavi and four security personnel killed in Maoist attack in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
- Election Commission stalls release of PM Narendra Modi biopic till the end of elections. Earlier, Supreme Court had dismissed petition seeking stay on release of the biopic.
- New Zealand Parliament votes to ban all types of semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles following Christchurch attacks.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May says, ‘The tragedy of Jallianwala Bagh in 1919 is a shameful scar on British Indian History. We deeply regret what happened and the suffering caused’.
- Scientists reveal the first ever image of a Black Hole. It was captured by the Event Horizon Telescope project.
- Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange arrested at Ecuadorian embassy in London.
- Polling held for first phase of Lok Sabha elections. Simultaneous Assembly elections held in Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Odisha. In the image below: world’s shortest woman Jyoti Amge (25), shows her finger marked with indelible ink after casting vote at a polling station in Nagpur.
- Supreme Court directs political parties to furnish details of electoral bonds and donors identity by 30th of next month.