- Sri Lanka bans burqas after Easter Sunday bombings, with the country’s president saying the move will help the armed forces to easily identify the identity of any wanted perpetrators.
- Srinagar-Leh Highway reopens for traffic after five months of closure.
- Fourth phase of polling held for Lok Sabha Elections 2019. Voters in 72 parliamentary constituencies, spread over nine states, cast their votes.
- Benjamin Netanyahu sworn-in as Israel’s PM.
- Jaish-e-Muhammad chief Masood Azhar designated as a global terrorist by United Nations.
- Fifteen police personnel martyred in a land-mine blast by naxals in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
- Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange sentenced to 50 weeks in jail for breaching bail conditions by entering Ecuadorian Embassy in London.
- CBSE declares class 12th result.
- Cyclonic storm Fani makes landfall near Puri in Odisha; Triggers heavy rainfall with high velocity winds.
- Thailand crowns its new King Maha Vajiralongkorn marking the first ascension of a new monarch in seven decades.