- Over 250 people including 13 Indians killed in Sri Lanka in bomb explosions targeting churches and hotels during Easter services.
- Polling held in 116 Parliamentary seats in over 13 States and two Union Territories under third phase of general elections.
- Supreme Court constitutes a three-member committee to conduct an in-house inquiry into the allegations of sexual harassment levelled against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.
- Madras high court lifts the ban on mobile video app TikTok while asking the firm that owns the app to ensure the platform didn’t allow pornography. While hearing a plea from Chinese firm Bytedance, which owns the app, the Madras high court reversed its April 3 decision pushing for the ban.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden launches 2020 US presidential campaign.
- Supreme Court constitutes a one-man panel of former apex court judge Justice A K Patnaik to hold inquiry into the allegations of larger conspiracy to frame CJI Ranjan Gogoi and fixing of benches in the top court.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un hold their first-ever talks in Vladivostok.
- Fire breaks out onboard INS Vikramaditya, India’s only aircraft carrier, while entering the harbor in Karnataka’s Karwar. A naval officer, Lieutenant Commander DS Chauhan, bravely led the firefighting efforts in the affected compartment, before laying his life in the operation.
- Supreme Court refuses to interfere with Election Commission order stalling the release of biopic on Prime Minister Narendra Modi until 19th of next month.
- Air India operations affected across the world due to breakdown in its server system.