- Paris’ iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral gutted by fire.
- Election Commission gags leaders Yogi Adityanath, Maneka Gandhi and Jaya Prada of BJP, Mayawati of Bahujan Samajwadi Party, and Azam Khan of Samajwadi Party.
- 60 killed as thunderstorms unleash fury in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Gujarat.
- Jet Airways shuts operations.
- 95 Lok Sabha seats under second phase of general elections go to polls; election also concludes for 35 Assembly seats in Odisha and 18 in Tamil Nadu.
- Saudi Arabia increases India’s Haj Quota to two lakh.
- Government suspends LoC trade in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Election Commission stops online streaming of a web series on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Allegations of sexual harassment levelled against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.
- 12 coaches of New Delhi bound Purva Express derail near Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.